Gel Fuel Fireplaces
Gel Fuel is flammable. Failure to follow warnings can result in property damage or serious burns.
Do not attempt to refuel a unit that is already burning. Pouring any kind of fuel on a fire or on a hot surface can cause flare-ups or flashbacks that could burn someone. Make sure the fire is out and allow the unit to cool for 20 minutes before refueling.
Use only gel fuel cans in the unit. Do not use with any other fuel or flammable material.
Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable materials, including gel fuel, near this product. Vapors or leaks from these types of items could travel to sources of flame or heat and increase the risk of fire or explosion.
- Burn only 13oz Gel Cans in these fireplaces. Never burn trash, paper, wood,or any other fuel in the unit.
- The fireplace should not be operated by anyone below age 18. Keep away from children and pets.
- Make sure the fireplace is placed on a flat and level service. Otherwise, the unit could tip easily and start a fire that could damage property or cause serious injury. Do not place fireplace in an area with lots of traffic, such as a hallway or entryway.
- WARNING Never alter or dismantle the fireplace, metal firebox or logset in any manner.
- Do not pour or scoop gel out of the can into any other container or try to combine gel from different cans. Never add fuel to a fire or pour on hot surfaces; doing so could cause flare-ups or flashbacks that could burn someone. Light Real Flame gel fuel only when cans are placed in the designated area in the metal firebox. Do not burn more than three cans at a time. Wipe up spills. Then use a long match or extended butane lighter to ignite fuel.
- Never burn gel fuel cans outside the designated burn area in the metal firebox. Do not burn more than three cans of fuel at any time.
- Do not try to combine gel from different cans.
- Never leave a burning fire unattended, especially around children or pets.
- Never touch any metal surfaces during or immediately after burning gel fuel. They will be extremely HOT. Allow surfaces to cool for 20 minutes before touching, changing cans, or moving the unit.
- Do not wear flammable or loose clothing when operating the fireplace or fire column.
- Do not place more than 100 lbs. of weight on top of the fireplace at anytime.
- Exercise the same precautions you would with any open fire.
Real Flame® Gel Fuel contains isopropyl alcohol.
Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes or prolonged contact with skin. May irritate eyes.
If fuel gets in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes; get medical attention. If ingested, do not induce vomiting; call poison control center or a doctor.
Canned Gel Fuel - Safety data sheet available on request.Hazard statements
- Highly flammable liquid and vapor.
- Causes serious eye irritation.
- May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- 70.0% by mass of the contents are flammable.
- Keep out of the reach of children under 18.